TikTok recently hosted a webinar to showcase the platform’s most successful use cases in game discovery. The webinar, introduced by TikTok’s Blake Chandlee, president of global business solutions, highlighted TikTok’s success as a game discovery platform as well as its ability to provide new collaboration opportunities for brands. Other hosts included:
- Assaf Sagy, Head of Global Gaming, Global Business Solutions, TikTok
- Julia Victor, Head of Brand – The Sims, Electronic Arts
- Naor Itzhak, Senior Director of Creative Marketing, Playtika
- Sami Thessman, VP of Global Marketing, 2K
- Ioana Hreninciuc, Chief Product Officer, Homa Games
- Vincent Tan, Senior Marketing Manager, VNG
Below, we’re sharing four key takeaways from the event.
Cultural Shifts Have Transformed The Way Game Marketers Launch And Promote Games
According to Chandlee, TikTok is benefiting from game publishers’ desire to create more impactful marketing campaigns by taking a different view on how to approach gamers.
“Leading publishers are completely changing the way people discover and play their games,” Chandlee told attendees. “They’re building mainstream culture through entertainment. They’re innovating and finding new players for their games through organic and paid [search] and running live event campaigns.”
“Gaming is now mainstream entertainment. They’re not only about playing anymore; they’re about engaging with culture,” Sagy said. “This shift in consumer behavior also drove evolution in our industry. Leading publishers have elevated their strategies. They’re now focused on launching games [to a] mass market. They’re targeting very broad audiences. They’re building cultures around their games as entertainment brands. With TikTok, you can build the hype required for a successful launch and can engage with mass audiences rapidly. You can design a culture around your game driven by the power of the community and generate performance results in the next few minutes.”
TikTok Is A Must For Game Publishers Seeking New Audiences
According to the company, TikTok has produced some exceptional metrics in game discovery and game brand engagement:
- 75 percent of TikTok gamers discovered new gaming content on TikTok.
- 41 percent of TikTok gamers co-created on TikTok.
- TikTok mobile gamers are 70 percent more likely to talk about games on social media.
TikTok Users Are Active Gamers Who Convert Frequently
TikTok users game frequently and respond to messaging around gaming well. According to data gathered by the social media giant’s research partner, marketers who employed TikTok as a component of their marketing strategy saw high conversion rates:
- 41 percent of users downloaded the game.
- 26 percent purchased to play.
There Is A Shift From Long-Form To Short-Form Content, And Game Publishers Are Owning It
TikTok boasts one billion users and those users have helped the platform amass billions of hours of gaming content views. Game publishers and gamers are dominating on TikTok. It’s not just because gaming lends itself to quick and addictive Let’s Plays, but because TikTok users see the platform as a place to discover new brands and engage with them. According to the company:
- On average, TikTok’s gaming audience follows 12 Business Accounts.
- 61 percent of TikTok users see brands more favorably if they create or participate in a trend on TikTok.
- TikTok followers are 191 percent more likely to like or comment than non-followers.
View the entire webinar here.